Alpha Lehigh, founded in 1956, is a full service job shop specializing in milling, drilling, turning and grinding. Our 32,000 sq. ft. facility contains a full line of conventional & CNC tools.
Alpha Lehigh has become the region’s most versatile machining facility. specializing in precision machining and machine building. Our full line of conventional and CNC machine tools includes:
- Conventional Bridgeport-style knee mills, universal mills, bed mills, and drill presses.
- A Giddings and Lewis horizontal boring mill.
- Several surface grinders and a 32-inch rotary Blanchard grinder.
- Cylindrical grinders (to 14.5″ swing and 72″ long).
- Conventional lathes of various sizes, and a vertical turret lathe for large diameter or extremely heavy work pieces.
- Eight CNC machining centers (computer controlled machines) for large quantities (6-500 pieces) and complex geometries.
- Three CNC turning centers.
- Band saws, belt sanders, a key cutter, a tap burner, etc.
- Full welding capabilities.
- Inspection equipment including a coordinate measuring machine.
CNC Machining Centers
These fully automated, computer-controlled machine tools are used for milling, drilling, tapping, and boring flat, round, or rectangular work pieces, castings, and parts with complex geometries that cannot easily be machined with conventional equipment. We easily handle all sorts of cams, molds, and other complex shapes and profiles.
Some of our CNC’s specialize in smaller lot sizes, while others are dedicated to high-volume production runs. Three of our heavy-duty horizontal machining centers have automatic pallet changers, and our largest horizontal offers a 5-degree indexing table and a 48-inch work cube. We offer two-, three-, and four-axis milling capabilities on our vertical machining centers, and several of our machining centers offer state-of-the-art “through spindle coolant” for high-speed milling.
Our newest machining center, just installed, is a massive, heavy-duty 2006 Kia KH 63G, with a 60-station automatic tool changer (see image above).